January 26, 2019 11:00AM-2:00PM
Commit to be Fit
At Nexton, we are all about healthy living -- and fun. So join us as we kick off 2019 with some great food, fitness classes
and a healthy dose of Vitamin D (aka sunshine).
Fuel your body at some of the area's yummiest food trucks. They will be offering some special healthy fare in addition to their super-popular staples:
Page's Okra Grill
The Juice Joint
Sculpted Lotus Yoga Studio, a boutique studio in Summerville, to offer a huge and upbeat outdoor yoga class to get your mind and body flowing in the New Year. The first 100 yogis to register will get a FREE yoga mat & a goodie bag to take with you. Class starts at 11:30 sharp.
Join a Tai Chi class led by Masters Studios of Self Defense-Summerville that is open to all levels. Tai Chi is a graceful form of exercise that’s used for stress reduction and a variety of health conditions. Often described as meditation in motion, Tai Chi promotes serenity through gentle, flowing movements. Class starts at 12:45 sharp
Join Alta Brighton Park to learn some quick tips on snacking healthy. Learn how to create snacks from what you already have in your pantry, taste samples and take home some great easy recipes!
1PM | 30-minute class
All are welcome to attend the event, have snacks at the food trucks and enjoy the great outdoors. Registration is required to attend the fitness classes and space is limited on some classes. One class per person, please.
- Participate in fitness challenges offered by local fitness gurus Orange Theory, Title Boxing Club and more
- Get a bio-metric screening by the pros at Palmetto Primary Care
- Enjoy a live remote with radio personality Jessica Chandler of 92.5 Kickin’ Country
- Fitness & nutrition games for the kiddos
- Drawings for fitness prizes in model homes (Fitbit Charge 3, Lululemon bag & more!)
- Be sure to arrive early and get set up prior to the start of the class
- Dress comfortably, you know how weird the local weather can be
- Bring your water bottle, or water will be available to purchase from the food trucks
While you are here, please take an opportunity to explore Nexton and enter to win fitness prizes in our model homes: Ashton Woods, David Weekley, Del Webb, Homes By Dickerson, Pulte Homes, Saussy Burbank and TrueHomes.
No Judgement: If you don’t come to work out, just come to enjoy some fresh air, music and great food trucks. We understand the call of chicken and waffles.
*If you register for a class and are unable to attend, please call 843-900-3200 or email email@example.com so we can open the spot to another participant.
In addition to the pools, parks and trails at Nexton, there are lots of opportunities to stay fit in 2019 including Burn Boot Camp, Club Pilates, Crunch Fitness & Fit4Mom in Summerville.