29 December . 2016
Growth and groundbreaking at Nexton
As we inch closer to 2017, we're looking back 2016 and marveling at all the growth the year has held! From retail groundbreakings, to the addition of new neighbors and floorplans, to upholding what have become annual traditions and events, like the Cocoa Cup 5K, the year brought all we had hoped for and more.
Multiplying the efforts of the productive year is the lineup of exciting things to come in 2017. Below are recent highlights, a look at whats currently in progress, as well as a little peek at what's to come:
- The groundbreaking of Residence Inn brings the second Marriott property to Summerville in less than two years, further boosting the appeal of the area, as its located immediately adjacent to the planned Nexton Square, a center of shopping and dining.
- Nexton will welcome Del Webb, a neighborhood geared toward the active and community-minded 50-plus crowd, in 2017. Abundant amenities and convenience define this new addition that just broke ground, with pre-sales expected at the end of 2017.
- The community celebrated the third annual Nexton Cocoa Cup 5K, the "fastest 5K course in greater Charleston on December 17, 2016. There was cocoa for all, complete with post-race fun featuring DJ Natty Heavy. See the photos.
- In September 2016, Pulte Homes surprised a gold star family with the news that they were the recipients of a new mortgage-free home through the PulteGroups Built to Honor program. This hero home marks the fourth in South Carolina through the program, in partnership with the Military Warriors Support Foundation. The company held a groundbreaking event and block party at the swim club at Brighton Park Village at Nexton, the familys new community.
- We added a number of new floorplans so you have even more options for Nexton living. Saussy Burbank debuted the master-down Myrtle plan and Pulte is building our very first townhomes directly cross from Brighton Park.
- Baker Motor Company is bringing an automotive dealership to Nexton. The facility will include a 30-car showroom, food court, gourmet coffee and snack bar, outdoor entertainment and event space, childrens play area, car wash facility for all Baker clients, and multiple client lounges.
- South Carolina dignitaries and business leaders gathered to break ground on the Nexton Parkway Interchange. Summer 2018 is the tentative completion date for the new transportation artery for upper Berkeley County.
- Years end is cause for celebration at Rainbow Child Care Center, located on Nexton grounds. The facilitys first year was an overwhelming success, proven by the waiting list.
- Residents can get convenient caffeine fix before heading to Nextons plentiful nature trails with the addition of a custom-designed Starbucks on the property, which will open in early 2017. Its located adjacent to the Carolina Ale House at the corner of Sigma Drive and 17A.
- Its comforting to know you have quality healthcare right where you live. With the groundbreaking of Palmetto Primary Care at Nexton slated for early 2017, residents can rest easy knowing they have access to a doctor nearby.
- To kick off the New Year in a super healthy way, our first event of 2017 will be all about healthy living. We can't wait to share all the details. Join us!
- 2021 (14)
- 2020 (45)
- 2019 (53)
- 2018 (50)
- 2017 (53)
- 2016 (51)
- 2015 (39)
- 2014 (38)
- 2013 (5)